Monday, February 25, 2008

The surgeon is in India!

**This is coming from my carepages post**...and I want to start posting on both sites until the transition is complete.. I want to thank everyone for their thoughts, and I'm thankful for all the people who are thinking about us. So far, no more changes. Just waiting for him to arrive! The only thing that I've been stressing about for 4 hours is this...I was at dinner tonight with people here, and one lady told me that Dr. Reddy is in INDIA!!!!!!! Dr. Reddy is little Ross' heart surgeon. We already met him, and think very highly of him. Our Neonatologist also couldn't say enough wonderful things about him. I will be SO devestated if he is still in India when the baby comes. I've been doing so great, with being positive, and getting ready for this journey, and to hear that the surgeon is in a different country scares me to death, to be honest. I got the phone number to his office from a really nice lady I met here. I am going to give them a call first thing in the morning, and find out when he is expected back to the USA!!! Having Dr. Reddy is something that is really important to me, and I just don't need to have somebody else do the surgery. This might be selfish, but we've already met him, and we know that his specialty is small babies.



Here is a picture of Dr. Reddy...





...let us hope he gets here in time for the surgery!!! I just called his office, and the nurse said he is scheduled to perform a surgery here on March 7, so I am hoping that means he will be in the states a day or so before that. If that is the case, we should be ok. But, let us also hope that the baby will wait until the induce date, and not any sooner..but so far so good. He is being a good boy.

I have an ultrasound tomorrow to get his last growth check. We should find out how much he weighs. A month ago he was 5 lbs. 13 oz. I'm sure he is close to 8 lbs. by now. If I get pictures, I will post them on here.

Have a great week!
Kira

1 comment:

The Simmons Family said...

Hi... I have followed you carepage and though I'd check out the blog. I just had a baby boy on 1/28/08 with hypoplastic left heart and he had his Norwood on Feb 4th. Things have sailed along and he is coming home tomorrow!! You can checkout our blog by clickin on "simmons family". I'll keep your family in our prayers... it's not an easy road, but it sure is well worth the journey. I'm sure baby Ross will do fantastic!