Thursday, March 6, 2008

Please welcome my new bundle of joy to the world!!!

He is finally here!!!!!!!!! No more waiting for this precious baby. He was born on March 5, 2008 @ 4:37pm. He weighed in at 7 lbs. 11 oz. 19.5 inches. His apgar scores were next to perfect, being 9 and 9. His stats were great, and he is doing SO well! I am so proud of him, and how strong he is. Since he did so well after the delivery, the nurse brought me my baby, and I held him. I then passed him off to his daddy. Dad held him for a few minutes, and then...he got to walk little Ross out to the hall where family was anxiously waiting! There was no big hurry to get him off to the NICU. It was more than I asked for. It was so great. It was so crazy to carry him in my stomach for 9 months, and then he came out, and it took me a minute to realize that he was mine. I'm still in shock that I have a son.

Anyway, he is still doing great, and just got a PICC (spelling?) line put in. That was a success as well. The doctors don't have a date for surgery yet, but saying for sure next week, but who knows what date. They are in no rush because he's very stable. The only thing that is bad, but not horrible is that his breathing/oxygen levels are "too good".....go they are thinking about intubating him. No final word yet, but it could happen. This is not a bad thing. It's something that we knew would happen. but, it's happening for a better reason, He's doing TOO GOOD! =) They don't want his lungs to get much blood to them or something.

I got to change his diaper about an hour ago. I also put a little speaker and his CD that he's been hearing inside the womb since October. Ever since we found out about his heart defect I bought a CD, and played if for him everyday, sometimes twice/three times a day. I knew that he would be in the NICU, so I wanted him to have this as a soothing tool. I think it's helped. He seems so relaxed, and not bothered. He was like this before the speaker was placed in his bed, but I would like to think it's helping some. He also has a pacifier. He likes it.

Ok, I'm tired, and will update later. Here are some pictures! More to come, I promise.

Baby Ross only a few hours born

This was 2am, and I finally got to got see him in the NICU. My blood pressure got high after the delivery, so they wouldn't let me go see him. I had to get better. They gave me some blood pressure meds, and that seemed to do the trick. I also spiked a fever, but that too went away. I was so upset that the doctors were "fussing" over me. I just wanted to see my baby. But...all is better now, so it's ok.


Allison said...

You are such a good Mommy already! I am so happy that things are going well! Congrats!!!! We are always thinking of you!

Amber said...

I'm so glad everything went so well with your delivery. Thank you for the pictures...we've been on pins and needles! I also just found out that he is in surgery right now and I'm taking this time to breathe prayers for him, his surgical team and of course his loving family.

God Bless you guys!