Saturday, July 26, 2008

Germs are in this hospital........

So, my dust/dry air myth was wrong. I ended up getting a fever yesterday afternoon, and I checked into a hotel. Ross stayed w/ the baby until my mom arrived from Sacramento. I was so miserable. Body aches, stuffy head, fever, chills..and I really didn't want to expose baby Ross, even though I think he's suffering from a cold. He hasn't spiked a fever..yet, so far so good. I got some serious rest, went to bed at 6pm and woke up this morning at 9am. I got to the hospital, wearing a mask, and I'm feeling 75% better. Still stuffy, but no more fever. The baby is resting comfortably. He is still kinda stuffy, and he threw up once today. No fever though!

His xray looks good. The heart echo they did yesterday shows no changes from his pre-op echo (as far as heart function goes.) It's on the normal-low side of function. This is what they expect for his HLHS. They will, however start him on a new med. Not digoxin, but something else, and I can't remember the name. He will be getting only 10% of his dose, so it's a very small amount.

We are to be discharged Monday!!!!! I cannot wait. This dry air/germy hospital is making us sick, and I have a feeling he'll feel better once we're outta here.

That's it for now. My mom came to the rescue, by coming here in rush hour traffic to give us a break. Thanks mom!

1 comment:

Our Family said...

So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, but great job deciding to take care of yourself, so you can be strong for baby Ross. I cannot believe how quickly he is progressing!