Thursday, July 10, 2008

Very annoyed...

I was at the computer when i got a weird feeling that Stanford called my cell phone to tell me that surgery has been cancelled......so, i check my phone. YEP, a message from the P.A. saying that there is not a bed in the CVICU at the moment. And, keep the baby on clear liquids until around 10am they would call us. WHAT?? The original instructions were to have breastmilk up until 1am, then clear liquids until 3am. So, that means that he would have no milk for more than 9 hours?!?! I don't think so.... I called the hospital operator to track down this P.A. that called. He didn't know how to help me so I called the 3rd floor and the lady gave me her pager number. I paged the P.A. She called right back, and i told her that was too long for him not to have any milk. She said, "oh, i'm sorry, i forgot to mention that he could have breastmilk up until 5am!!! She said, "i'm so glad you called, thank you..." Geeeezzzzzz, you think i'm not gonna question that? Anyway, their office will call us around 10am to let us know the plan.

This is so emotionally draining.....and I really hope that they do this surgery tomorrow. I cannot wait around here all weekend for more anticipation of his surgery. It's already been rescheduled last minute in June.

I'll update tomorrow...

No comments: